Here are five proven ways to get lower auto insurance rates…
1) Go for a car that has anti-lock brakes, alarm system, daytime running lights and other safety or security features. Such cars have a high safety rating. They will attract lower auto insurance rates.
2) If you want to save a lot, choose third-party only coverage. The law in most states will allow that. As the name suggests, damage to your car does not lead to any compensation. It just takes care of the other person’s car. Any damage to your car will be reimbursed by you.
This is the best option for those who have old vehicles. One drawback to choosing collision coverage for an old car is that the value of your car at the time of the accident would be used to determine what you get. Totaling your premiums over a significant time frame is simply impossible and your deductible will not exceed what you get as compensation. At least, unless your old car is a classic. If insurance doesn’t pay off in the long run, it’s definitely not worth the sacrifice.
3) The more time you spend behind the wheel, the greater your risk to the auto insurer. Therefore, reduce your mileage in any way you can and you will get lower car insurance rates
4) Take a defensive driving course. In addition to driving better, once you do, you will lower your auto insurance rate.
5) You can get lower auto insurance rates by requesting and comparing quotes from reputable quote sites. You will realize savings if you go to just one of such sites. However, you get more by using at least three of them. Getting more quotes increases your chances of getting lower auto insurance quotes.