Ready for a road trip
Summer is a great time to get outside and do fun things. There are books, TV shows, magazines and endless blogs dedicated to getting in shape for summer and making the most of sunny days. Summer often coincides with school holidays, making it an ideal time to travel with your family.
While most of us get away with taking a flight to another destination, there are a few adventurers who take to the roads to explore nearby destinations and enjoy what the local culture has to offer. With the busy pace of life here in the UAE, we often forget to venture beyond our cozy homes in the city to enjoy the beautiful unexplored areas of the Gulf.
Aside from making sure your car insurance is up to date, here are a few tips to get you and your car ready for the road trip of a lifetime:
• Take your car for a quick check-up and service before your mini vacation. Checking the oil, air conditioning, coolant, wiper blades, tires and wheel alignment ensures that you don’t have to stop unnecessarily due to a malfunction in your car.
• Provide a thorough wash and polish. There’s definitely a theory attached to your car’s condition and mood sync (just kidding – there’s no popular psychology quiz to prove this). But if your car is spick and span on the inside and shiny on the outside, it’s sure to put you in a good mood on the road.
• Provide sufficient music and entertainment on board. This one obviously has nothing to do with safety, but will definitely help keep the kids entertained during the trip. So make sure you bring your iPod with your favorite songs and some games for your kids.
• Accessorize your car with supplies such as collapsible garbage bags, boxes of tissues, car bins, hand cleaners and a car cleaner. A road trip means spending a lot of time snacking while driving and being prepared for spills and stains will help you keep your car tidy during the trip.
• Finally, don’t forget to bring your sunglasses, floppy hat and sunscreen to protect you from the scorching summer sun. Speaking of, make sure you have plenty of drinking water with you to keep yourself hydrated at all times.
So there you have it, our top tips for a safe and fun family road trip. Wherever you go and whatever you decide to do, we hope you have a great trip with your loved ones. Oh, and don’t forget to take those car insurance papers with you on your trip!