We get a lot of requests about finding cheap car insurance, and almost as many questions about finding cheaper car insurance for men – especially young, single men.
Rather than go on and on about why it’s so hard to find cheap car insurance when you’re younger, we’ve set out to find the best rates for a hypothetical situation (i.e. the young man) and won’t let you down. just see how we did it – but where you can too.
To find a good candidate, but not the bottom of the high-risk barrel, we took a few of the key factors insurance companies use to assess risk and came up with a less-than-ideal, but not the riskiest guy .
The auto insurance quote process
Firstly, we need a place online to get some free insurance quotes that is not only fast but also competitive. Our personal favorite is Quoteserv. Now that we’ve found our place to get car insurance quotes from a few different insurance companies, it’s time to fill out the application.
- Male: 24 Marital Status: Single Location: (Manhattan) New York City, New York (yes, we know this is an expensive city to live, drive and insure a vehicle) Zip Code: 10008 Date of Birth: 6/23- 83
- Vehicle: 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro Rented or Owned: Rental Vehicle Primary Use: To and from work Vehicle Owned: Leased Annual Mileage: 12,000 Highest Level of Education: Associates Occupation: Real Estate Sales Years with Current Employer: 2 First License: 16
- Total number of drivers in household: 2 Number of claims of accidents in last 5 years: 0 Number of violations in last 7 years: 2 (both offenses were speeding of 6 – 9 mph over the limit within 1 year of each other) Is your driver’s license the withdrawn in past 5 years: NO SR-22 required to file: NO
- Have you followed a recognized accident prevention, driving skills training or defensive driving course in the past 3 years: No
- Current Coverage Information: This driver has been with the same insurance company for about 2 years and has had continuous insurance for over 5 years, or more specifically since he was 16.
- Desired insurance coverage Personal Injury: $100,000/300,000 w/uninsured $25,000/$50,000 Personal Injury Protection (PIP): $0 deductible Comprehensive Coverage: $500 deductible Collision Coverage: $500 deductible No additional options such as towing, rental, or assistance in the event of an accident on the road.
Get the car insurance quote
Drumroll…ok, let’s stop drumroll. These rates are very expensive, but keep in mind that the rates quoted are competitive quotes for a high-risk driver living in an extremely densely populated area in one of the largest metropolitan cities in the US. from low to high.
- Unitrin Direct: $2,009.00/6 months premium or $334.83/mo
- AIG Auto Insurance: $2,374.37/6 monthly premium or $395.73/month
- Liberty Mutual: premium of $6,284.00/6 months or $523.67/mo
- The Hartford: $3,839.00/6 months premium or $639.83/mo
Auto insurance quote in summary
Okay so we didn’t exactly find the lowest car insurance rates for a single man with 2 speeding tickets renting an apartment with an expensive vehicle in Manhattan, but we didn’t want to make this an example of an ideal low risk driver in a city with a low risk. In all likelihood, you will see rates of about 1/3 of this. The best thing to do is get as many quotes as possible, and companies like Quoteserv make it very easy to get competitive auto insurance quotes online quickly.