Traveling abroad can be exciting, but it is not without risks. One of the biggest concerns when traveling overseas is medical emergencies. To help protect yourself from unexpected medical expenses, it is essential to purchase travel medical insurance. In this article, we will review Atlas America Insurance, one of the most comprehensive travel medical insurance plans.
What is Atlas America Insurance?
Atlas America Insurance is a travel medical insurance plan offered by HCC Medical Insurance Services. It is designed for international travelers visiting the United States, Mexico, and Canada. The plan offers coverage for medical emergencies, emergency medical evacuation, and repatriation of remains. It also provides coverage for travel inconveniences such as trip interruption, lost luggage, and travel delay.
The plan is available to individuals and families, with coverage options ranging from five days to one year. It offers customizable coverage limits, deductibles, and co-insurance options to fit the needs and budget of every traveler.
What are the Benefits of Atlas America Insurance?
Atlas America Insurance offers a wide range of benefits to travelers visiting the USA, Mexico, and Canada. Here are some of the most significant benefits:
Up to $2,000,000
Emergency Medical Evacuation
Up to $1,000,000
Repatriation of Remains
Up to $50,000
Up to $5,000
Up to $1,000
How to Purchase Atlas America Insurance?
Purchasing Atlas America Insurance is easy and can be done online. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the HCC Medical Insurance Services website and select the “Atlas America” plan.
- Enter your travel dates and destination.
- Enter your personal information, including name, date of birth, and passport number.
- Choose your coverage options, including coverage limits, deductibles, and co-insurance.
- Review your policy and submit your payment.
Atlas America Insurance Reviews
After researching and reading several reviews from past customers, some of the benefits of Atlas America Insurance include:
- Customizable coverage options that fit the needs and budget of every traveler.
- 24/7 customer service and support available in multiple languages.
- Quick and easy purchase process that can be done online.
- No waiting period for injuries from accidents, making it ideal for adventure travelers.
- Policies available for individuals, families, and groups.
While Atlas America Insurance has many benefits, it is not without some cons. Here are some of the main disadvantages:
- Pre-existing conditions are not covered under this plan.
- The plan does not cover routine medical check-ups or preventive care.
- Some procedures, such as maternity and newborn care, have coverage limits.
- The claim process can be slow, and reimbursement may take several weeks.
- Some travelers may find the plan’s deductibles and co-insurance options to be high.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions about Atlas America Insurance:
What is a deductible?
A deductible is the amount of money you must pay out of pocket before the insurance plan starts covering your medical expenses. For example, if you have a $500 deductible and incur a $2,000 medical bill, you will be responsible for paying the first $500, and your insurance will cover the remaining $1,500.
What is co-insurance?
Co-insurance is the percentage of your medical expenses that you are responsible for paying after you meet your deductible. For example, if you have a 20% co-insurance and incur a $10,000 medical bill, you will be responsible for paying the first $500 (your deductible), and then 20% of the remaining $9,500, which is $1,900. Your insurance will cover the rest.
Can I cancel my policy if my travel plans change?
Yes, you can cancel your policy before your coverage start date and receive a full refund. If you cancel your policy after your coverage start date, you may be eligible for a partial refund depending on how long you have been insured.
Is Atlas America Insurance renewable?
Yes, you can renew your policy for up to two years if you decide to extend your stay in the United States, Canada, or Mexico. However, you must renew your policy before it expires to ensure uninterrupted coverage.
What happens if I have a medical emergency?
If you have a medical emergency, you should call the 24/7 emergency assistance number provided on your policy. The insurance company will help you locate a nearby hospital or medical facility, and they will work with the healthcare provider to ensure payment for covered medical expenses.
Atlas America Insurance is an excellent travel medical insurance plan for international travelers visiting the United States, Mexico, and Canada. The plan offers comprehensive coverage for medical emergencies, travel inconveniences, and more. While it may not be perfect, it provides travelers with peace of mind and protection from unexpected medical expenses. If you are planning a trip abroad, we recommend considering Atlas America Insurance as part of your travel preparations.